Charnice Milton Community Bookstore supports literacy, reading and book ownership, particularly in the city’s east of the river book desert. Our first publishing effort — just released this December — is a book promoting reading, imagination, and conversation across generations.
DONATION LINK FOR BOOKS PICKED UP IN PERSON
(BOOK LAUNCH ATTENDEES, Etc.)
1) Ignore preset options;
2) Choose donation amount to match sum of book prices
3) Add note, e.g., “1 Bully, 1 Kite” or “3 copies Bully”
WITH OUR THANKS!!
Long operating on a shoestring,
CMCB makes good use of every dollar donated to expand offerings.
Help us celebrate our newest project and the work ahead by donating.
With a donation of $50 or more, receive a copy of
The Great Kite and/or
When the President is a Bully
CMCB, honoring the memory of the slain journalist Charnice A. Milton (6/19/87– 5/27/15), began at We Act Radio studios in Historic Anacostia. Children’s books are offered free of charge to young readers. Events, on site and around the community, provide local youth with books to build their home libraries and celebrate reading and books. Used books are also sold at special events and through Busboys and Poets-Anacostia, just down the street.
CMCB is a project of Social Art And Culture (SAAC), a DC-based 501(c)3 non-profit. All donations are tax-deductible. Free Shipping on all books!
3 Gift Donation Levels!
1) With a $50.00 donation, receive as a thank-you one copy of the brand new paperback, The Great Kite, the first CMCB publication! The Great Kite is an inventive story and prompts for thought, writing, and artwork so readers can share their own ideas while reading. Intended for all ages and useful for cross-generational discussion. Please make sure to complete your address for shipping your book.
MAKE YOUR $50 GIFT DONATION HERE!
2) With a $75.00 donation, receive as a thank-you one paperback copy of the still-too-timely When a Bully is President: Truth and Creativity for Oppressive Times, one of the first publications CMCB sold.
When a Bully is President is great for adults and children, designed to foster talk about current and historical oppression and bullying in the United States while focusing on the important role kids can play using creativity and self love as a base to develop strength during difficult times. (more on this publication). CMCB has held related events and plans additional activities related to this important book for oppressive times. Please make sure to complete your address for shipping your book.
MAKE YOUR $75 GIFT DONATION HERE!
3) With a $100.00 donation, receive both books: The Great Kite and When a Bully is President! Please make sure to complete your address for shipping your book.
MAKE YOUR $100 GIFT DONATION HERE!
One more, low-cost option
Buy one or more copies of The Great Kite directly through print-on-demand. Every purchase — $15.30/copy plus shipping — supports Charnice Milton Community Bookstore literacy efforts.